Show Sponsor: Elite Blog Academy (unofficial)
Today’s guest is Rosemarie Groner from the BusyBudgeter.com, former Virginia state trooper turned blogger who knew from the first moment she met her son that she would need to become a stay-at-home-mom. She gave herself one year to figure out how to make that happen. Rosemarie and her husband went through their lives with a fine-toothed comb to trim the fat and figure out ways to increase their income. Her blog is making over
$7,000 $22,000 $130k+ a month!
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- How to plan your transition from working outside of the home to working from home with a financial plan and budget
- How to create a plan specific to your circumstances and family needs
- How to “psych” yourself into reaching goals
- Why investing in training is key: Rosemarie says Elite Blogging Academy made ALL THE DIFFERENCE FOR HER INCOME
- The timeline for Rosemarie’s blog growth (i.e. how long until she was able to make good money from blogging and how her Pinterest Strategy & Core Affiliate Strategy helped her do it.)
- Why debt reduction is key, but doesn’t have to be an all or nothing deal for the aspiring stay-at-home parent
- Why running a business can help your personal spending habits
Also note: Rosemarie’s strategies really only works if you have a self-hosted blog, a good amount of traffic and can capture emails for further marketing. (I get lots of traffic from Pinterest and use ConvertKit to capture emails).
This is where the money happens. If you need to start a blog, you can do so for as little as $3.95 per month with BlueHost.com. Use this link to get that price on web-hosting. If you are not sure how to start a blog, check out my free tutorial on how to start a blog here.
Also, here are Rosemarie’s guides she created about driving traffic through Pinterest and then selling affiliate products to reach $20K per month in income:
- Goal setting ideas: When you make a deal with yourself, make a deadline. Remind yourself of the short term sacrifices for long term benefits and force yourself into action no matter what!
- Until the blog made $1,000 or more, Rosemarie invested back into her blog with training and tools to grow her blogging business. She now reinvests at least 15% back into the blog mostly in the form of good technology tools and online training.
- To grow your blog income Rosemarie recommends Elite Blogging Academy (opens February 2017, Sign up for the waiting list here.) along with her Pinterest Strategy Guide
- In 5 years….Rosemarie’s goal is to be making at least $30,000/month blogging along with having her own product line and courses. She wants to help people struggling with work/life balance plug into a support community for like her and her audience!
Favorite Principle of Increase
- Invest in yourself- Recognize your long term goals and realize that you have to spend money to make money!