How To Get “Financially Fit” for the New Year
I was honored to be Angela Miles’ guest on the Business First show recorded on the trading floor of the Chicago Board of Options Exchange. We talked about financial fitness for the New Year.
Tips and facts discussed included:
- 64% of American’s don’t have even $1,000 for an emergency!
- Over 70% of American’s live paycheck to paycheck.
- Start with baby steps like getting a copy of your credit report, checking rates on insurance and cell service.
- Aim to save at least $1,000 for an emergency fund.
- Use your tax refund check to jump start your savings plan if possible.
- Take on additional side hustles to increase your income as needed.