If you want to know how to pay off a mortgage in five years, this couple has great tips (watch the video interview above.) It seems like an impossible feat, but the proved that it’s something that can be done with budgeting, sacrifice, side-hustling, and faith.
Tai and Talaat McNeeley of His and Her Money are rockstars when it comes to the personal finance space. They are award-winning bloggers, YouTubers, and podcasters that help people realize their full potential in life through money, marriage, and everything in-between.
Related reading: 17 People that Blogged Themselves out of Debt
This summer, they announced to the world that they had paid off their mortgage early — after just 5 years of purchasing their home. They had a 30-year mortgage on the property but decided, pretty quickly they would try to pay it off much sooner.
If you don’t have time to watch the whole interview, check out the notes below:
- Tai and Talaat decided to pay off their 30-year mortgage in 5 years.
- At the time of the decision, they had one (teacher’s) salary to work with.
- In the beginning, they had no idea how they would accomplish this.
- They didn’t have much in extra funds to put towards the mortgage to start, so they started with just $20 as an extra payment.
- The motivation behind this feat was to leave a legacy of generational wealth for their children and beyond.
- They note that their faith in God was very instrumental in both inspiring the goal and accomplishing it.
- Now that they don’t have a mortgage, they are looking to invest in real estate, as cash buyers, with their freed up cash.
- They are now teaching others how to pay their mortgages off early, as well.
Other resources mentioned in the show:
- Tai & Talaat’s FAMOUS Video Announcement
- Deuteronomy 6:10-11
- That time when Tai and Talaat interviewed me on their podcast!
If you are inspired by Tai and Talaat, you should know that they have a course teaching people all the different things they did to pay off their mortgage super early.
It’s called Crush My Mortgage. (Hint: it’s not just paying extra money on the note, there are other things you can do to accelerate the pay off process!)
Click below to check it out:
Are you interested in even more debt free tips and tools? Check out this free eBook, Get out of Debt Now:
Get Your Free eBook, Get out of Debt Now
We climbed out of over $120K in debt. Now, I am teaching people like you to do the same. Grab your copy of Get out of Debt Now today!